JD Heavy Duty Diesel Engine Coolant | Size: 55Gal / Price: $325.00 / Free Delivery
John Deere COOL-GARD II and COOL-GARD II PG coolants. The engine cooling system is filled to provide year-round protection against corrosion and cylinder liner pitting, and winter freeze protection to -37°C (-34°F). If protection at lower temperatures is required, consult your John Deere dealer for recommendations.
John Deere COOL-GARD II and COOL-GARD II PG coolants might not be available in the geographical area where service is performed. SinoPec GreatWall™ FD- 2 coolant can be used.
The following engine coolants are preferred:
- John Deere COOL-GARD™ II Premix
- John Deere COOL-GARD II PG Premix
Use John Deere COOL-GARD II PG Premix when a non-toxic coolant formulation is required.
Additional Recommended Coolants
The following engine coolant is also recommended:
- John Deere COOL-GARD II Concentrate in a 40–60% mixture of concentrate with quality water.
John Deere COOL-GARD II Premix, COOL-GARD II PG Premix, and COOL-GARD II Concentrate coolants do not require use of supplemental coolant additives.
John Deere COOL-GARD II and COOL-GARD II PG coolants might not be available in the geographical area where service is performed.
SinoPec GreatWall™ FD- 2 coolant can be used.
If these coolants are unavailable, use a coolant concentrate or prediluted coolant intended for use with heavy duty diesel engines and with a minimum of the following chemical and physical properties:
- Is formulated with a quality nitrite-free additive package.
- Provides cylinder liner cavitation protection according to either the John Deere Cavitation Test Method or a fleet study run at or above 60% load capacity
- Protects the cooling system metals (cast iron, aluminum alloys, and copper alloys such as brass) from corrosion
The additive package must be part of one of the following coolant mixtures:
- ethylene glycol or propylene glycol base prediluted (40—60%) heavy duty coolant
- ethylene glycol or propylene glycol base heavy duty coolant concentrate in a 40—60% mixture of concentrate with quality water
Water quality is important to the performance of the cooling system. Distilled, deionized, or demineralized water is recommended for mixing with ethylene glycol and propylene glycol base engine coolant concentrate.
IMPORTANT: Do not use cooling system sealing additives or antifreeze that contains sealing additives.
Do not mix ethylene glycol and propylene glycol base coolants.
Do not use coolants that contain nitrites.