Sinopec HP-R Grease is an extreme pressure, heavy-duty wheel bearing and chassis grease, formulated with a lithium complex soap thickener and high quality mineral base oil. It contains rust and oxidation inhibitors, EP and antiwear additives to ensure excellent performance and long life, even in severe service conditions such as high temperatures, shock loading and where water contamination is possible.
Features and Benefits
Sinopec HP-R Grease is suitable for use in:
- Automotive wheel bearings, particularly those operating under the high-temperature, high-load conditions that are caused by braking at high speed.
- General lubrication of chassis points (e.g. shackles, tie rod ends, steering knuckles, control arms and king pins), electric motors and water pumps of passengers cars, buses and trucks.
Features and Benefits
- Excellent extreme pressure and antiwear properties protect heavily loaded or shock-loaded bearings from wear, extending equipment life.
- Lithium complex soap thickener ensures a high dropping point, which means that the grease can be used at higher temperatures in severe service applications, and also confers excellent mechanical stability so that the grease structure does not break down in service.
- High-quality base oil ensures a good oil film thickness is maintained, even in high-temperature applications, protecting components against wear.
- Excellent water resistance means that the grease stays in place and is not washed or sprayed off in wet conditions, reducing the need for frequent re-application.
- Excellent protection against rusting and corrosion ensures long component life, and extends maintenance intervals.
- Good thermal and oxidation stability ensure longer grease life under high-temperature conditions, providing optimum lubrication, extending equipment life and reducing maintenance requirements.
- Suitable consistency meets the requirements of wheel bearing application, and avoids the grease being flung out of the bearing by centrifugal forces, so ensuring longer relubrication intervals.
Sinopec HP-R Grease Specifications
|Appearance, visual||Smooth, blue, buttery|
|Thickener type||Lithium complex|
|Base fluid type||Mineral|
Cone penetration, ASTM D 217
Dropping point, °C, ASTM D 566
|Oil separation, 24 h @ 100°C, %, FTMS 791C-321.3||0.3|
|Four ball EP, PB, N, ASTM D 2596||0.50|
|Corrosion prevention, 48 h @ 52°C, rating, ASTM D 1743||pass|
Copper corrosion, T2 copper strip, 24 h @ 100°C, rating, ASTM D 4048
Timken OK load, N, ASTM D 2509
Water washout, 1 h @ 79°C, %, ASTM D 1264
Oxidation stability, 100 h @ 99°C & 758 kPa, pressure drop, kPa, ASTM D 942
|Car wheel bearing test (accelerated) 20 h @ 160°C, leakage, g, ASTM D 4290||
Sinopec HP-R Grease meets or exceeds the performance requirements of the following industry specifications:
Sinopec HP-R Grease holds the following formal OEM approvals:
|Foshan Yonglitai Axle Co., Ltd||Approved for use as an automotive wheel bearing grease|
|Liaoning Shuguang Automotive Co, Ltd||Approved for use as an automotive wheel bearing grease|
|Shandong Huali Motor Co., Ltd||Approved for use as an automotive wheel bearing grease|
- Mobil XHP 222