15W40 Diesel Engine Oil 55-gallon drum (Conventional Heavy Duty) (DEO), is designed and formulated to provide superior performance. It is suitable for virtually all modern low-emission heavy-duty engines and older hard-working diesel engines. With its wide range of specifications and approvals from many of the world’s leading engine makers, it is an excellent choice for on-highway fleets, general haul, construction, agriculture, public-transport operators, and diesel pick-up trucks.
15W40 Diesel Engine Oil 55-Gallon Drums are formulated to meet or exceed the warranty requirements of most manufacturers of diesel and gasoline engines as well as older engines and higher sulfur fuels. 15W40 Diesel Engine Oil 55-Gallon Drums can be used with complete success in over-the-road diesel trucks, off-highway diesel equipment, farm tractors, passenger cars, and light trucks with diesel, turbo-charged diesel engines, or gasoline engines and is backward compatible with previous API Oil Categories.
There is absolutely no harm in mixing different grades of engine oil!
Compatible with Rotella, Delo, Delvac, and most major oil manufacturers.
All motor oils are required to comply with international standards which include a compatibility test. This means that any branded engine oil will mix with the standard test oil in any proportions and the mixture will still perform as specified. This 15W40 Diesel Engine Oil 55-Gallon Drum also meets the extra demanding diesel engine requirements of older Caterpillar, Detroit Diesel, Mack, and other high-output power plants at all levels of service.
Pack Size: 55 Gallon Drum (200L Volume), Grade: SAE 15W40
Features & Benefits
15W40 Diesel Engine Oil (Tulux T500) is suitable for use in:
- Both light-duty and heavy-duty vehicles operating under severe conditions, such as long-distance or urban traffic vehicles.
- Off-highway applications in the mining, quarrying, construction, and agricultural industries.
- Industrial power generation engines.
- Heavy-duty diesel engines operating continuously under heavy or high load-factor conditions.
- Mixed fleet use.
Additional Features and benefits
- Formulated with hydrocracked high viscosity index base oils, which provide improved oxidation control.
- Outstanding soot and deposit control provide protection against piston deposits and valve train wear and ensure engine cleanliness and smooth running.
- Excellent control of aeration and foaming ensures the protection of engine parts.
- High-quality base stocks and an advanced additive system work to reduce the build-up of sludge and reduce oil thickening, thereby keeping the product in grade for longer and extending oil life.
- High acid neutralization ability, together with TBN retention, provides rust and corrosion protection and prolongs engine life.
- Excellent thermal and oxidation stability protects the engine against rust, corrosion, and wear caused by the formation of sludge and deposits.
- Good elastomer compatibility ensures longer gasket and seal life.
- Excellent low-temperature properties ensure a smooth start-up at low temperature and protect against start-up wear.
Sinopec 15W40 Diesel Engine Oil (Tulux T500) Specifications
|Kinematic viscosity, ASTM D 445||--
cSt @ 40°C
|cSt @ 100°C||14.15
Dynamic viscosity, CCS, ASTM D 5293
|cP @ –20°C||6,630
|Viscosity index, ASTM D 2270||133|
|NOACK volatility, ASTM D 5800||10
|Sulfated ash, wt%, ASTM D 874||1.61|
|Total base number, mg KOH/g, ASTM D 2896||10.4|
|Pour point, °C, ASTM D 97||-36|
|Flash point (COC), °C, ASTM D 92||234|
|Density @ 15°C, kg/l, ASTM D 4052||0.875|
Sinopec Diesel Engine Oil (Tulux T500 15W-40 Classic) meets or exceeds the performance requirements of the following industry specifications:
|API Service Classification||
Diesel: CI-4, CH-4, and earlier HDDEO specifications
15W40 Diesel Engine Oil (Tulux T500) meets or exceeds the performance requirements of the following OEM specifications:
|API Service Classification||CI-4/SL|