Sinopec GL-5 Heavy Duty Automotive Gear Oil is a range of high-performance
gear oils, available in six viscosity grades, formulated with high-quality mineral
base oils, and an advanced multifunctional additive system to meet the
requirements of API GL-5. Designed for the lubrication of hypoid gear sets in
passenger vehicles and commercial vehicles, where they offer excellent
extreme pressure (EP) and anti-wear properties.
Features & BenefitsSinopec GL-5 Heavy Duty Automotive Gear Oil is suitable for use in:
- Axles, final drives and power take-off units in trucks, buses and off-highway vehicles used in various industries, including the construction, agricultural, forestry and mining sectors.
- Differentials, gear boxes and steering gears, where a hypoid oil is required.
- Some industrial gear sets, where an extreme pressure (EP) gear oil is required.
Features and Benefits
- Excellent extreme pressure and anti-wear performance protects gears operating at high speeds and tooth pressures from abrasion, wear and welding, even in severe high-load and shock-loading conditions, extending component life.
- Excellent thermal and oxidation stability minimize the build up of deposits and varnish, reducing wear, extending component life and ensuring longer oil life.
- Protection against corrosion and rusting extends equipment life, and reduces maintenance costs.
- Good low-temperature fluidity ensures optimum lubrication, even in cold start-up conditions, and prevents start-up wear.
- Good anti-foaming properties ensure optimum oil film thickness, protecting components against wear, and minimize oil leakage.
- Available in five viscosity grades to meet the specific needs of the application.
- Multi-grade oils can be used over a wider temperature range, and so can reduce the need for seasonal oil change thus reducing maintenance costs.
- Fully compatible with common seal materials, to extend seal life and prevent fluid leakage.
Sinopec GL-5 Heavy Duty Automotive Gear Oil Specifications
Kinematic viscosity, ASTM D 445
cSt @ 100°C
Viscosity index, ASTM D 2270
|Copper corrosion, 3 hours @ 121°C, ASTM D 130||1b|
Pour point, °C, ASTM D 97
|Flash point (COC), °C, ASTM D 92||228
|Density @ 15°C, kg/l, ASTM D 4052||0.899
Sinopec GL-5 Heavy Duty Automotive Gear Oil meets or exceeds the performance requirements of the following industry specifications:
Sinopec GL-5 Heavy Duty Automotive Gear Oil meets or exceeds the performance requirements of the following OEM specifications:
||342 Type M1|
Buy on Wal-Mart
- Shell Spirax S6 AXME
- Mobil Delvac Synthetic Gear Lube
- Delo Syn-Gear HD