Heat Transfer Oil ISO VG 68 | Industrial heat transfer systems | High Performance Heat transfer fluid
Sinopec Heat Transfer Oil L-QB 300, 55 Gallon Drum is a mineral oil-type transfer fluid for use in heat transfer systems where fuel oil, gas, or electricity is used to heat a fluid, which transfers the heat to the point of application.
Grade 22 heat transfer fluid can be used with bulk oil temperatures up to 600°F (316°C) where good thermal stability and pumpability are required. This oil is also ideal where high heat transfer rates combine with high flow rates, and for systems where repeated heating and cooling cycles are required.
- Excellent thermal efficiency
- Outstanding oxidation stability
- Rust and corrosion protection
- High performance at extreme temperatures
- Minimum evaporative losses
Chevron's heat transfer oils are formulated with premium base oil technology and are non-corrosive, low odor fluids with excellent seal capability. They can also absorb heat quickly and efficiently transport it to the material or fluid requiring heat. The excellent thermal and oxidation stability of this oil promotes long service life and clean heat exchanger systems. These fluids can also be used at low pressures.
This product is available in 55 gal. drums
Applications • Industrial heat transfer systems For use in closed heat transfer systems used in chemical and process plant, textile manufacture etc. where the oil is circulated in a pumped system operating under atmospheric pressure with or without an inert gas blanket. Heat Transfer Oil can be used in high temperature continuous heat transfer equipment with the following application limits:
Max. film temperature 315°C Max. bulk temperature 290°C
Performance Features and Benefits
• Extended maintenance intervals is based on carefully selected highly refined mineral oils and resists oil cracking, oxidation and thickening. This provides extended oil life, provided efficient fluid heating and good pump circulation is ensured, such that film temperatures on the heater surface do not exceed the limits above.
• System efficiency Low viscosity enables excellent fluidity and heat transfer over a wide temperature range. Also has a low vapour pressure so resists cracking. This minimises the formation of volatile decomposition products; these would require recovery via expansion chamber and condensate collector
• Wear protection is non-corrosive and has high solvency – this reduces deposit formation by holding oxidation products in solution and keeping internal surfaces of heat exchangers clean.
Specification and Approvals Classified under ISO 6743-12 Family Q Meets DIN 51522 requirements Advice The service life of Heat Transfer Oil depends on the design and operation of the system.
If the system is well designed and not subjected to abnormal workloads, the life can be many years. It is important to monitor oil condition regularly as rates of change in physical characteristics are more significant than actual values. The properties that should be monitored are viscosity, acidity, flash point (open and closed) and insolubles content.